Sunday, April 11, 2010

Update of Everything

I guess it's about time to update my blog again. I was hoping to stay at the top of Kristin's list, but I am not very good at it. To get back into the spirit of things, I'll just give a brief update of my life:

1. Work: Even as I write this, my students are taking their final exam. This means I am almost finished with my SECOND school year as a professor at BYU. That hardly seems possible, I still feel so new. For the most part, I really enjoy my job. I feel stupid and unqualified 84% of the time, but it is still a good job. This summer I am going to Venezuela, Vancouver, and hopefully Boston for various conferences and work.

2. Church: I am still working in the Primary. I am the second counselor in the Primary Presidency and I love it. Primary makes church go by so much faster. Plus, I think the kids are so funny. One Sunday I was conducting so I was sitting in the front with the children that were going to give talks. They were being kind of rowdy so I said "Let's play a game. Let's see who can be the most reverent." One of the kids looked at me with disgust: "That's not a game!"

3. Family: My sister Megan is graduating this week. This means that all of the girls in the family have managed to graduate without getting married. This makes me proud (I'm sort of kidding about that). She is going to live with me for a month or so while she looks for a job. My Dad is still not doing well, and that is worrisome for all of us. He is a good example and tries to be positive. I hope that he can get better and back to 100% normal. He is the best father ever.

4. Social: I have met some very nice people here in Utah. It isn't my first choice of where to live and work, but there are nice people. I have a friend named Elizabeth Smart (but not THE Elizabeth Smart). She is one of my favorite people that I have ever met. She works in the library and I just think she is a great friend to have. I also have been dating this boy, Frank, since the beginning of November. Because of him, I've been able to cross several things off of my life list, including ride in a helicopter and have a boyfriend on valentine's day.

5. Physical: I just had one of the worst performances ever on a half marathon. I ran the SLC 1/2 this past Saturday. It took me just under 3 hours. I had not trained well at all. But I have some other things planned for the summer: 1/2 marathon in Colorado in July, 1/2 marathon in Provo in August, Sprint Tri in American Fork in May, Olympic Tri in Idaho in July. I am also training for a Marathon in Ireland in October and a marathon in Myrtle Beach next February. Hopefully I can be more proud of my performance in these upcoming events.

6. Family Again: I am in charge of the Neeley Family Reunion at the end of June. Since we are going to Aspen Grove, mostly this entails just organizing the t-shirts and other family events (recipe exchange, book exchange, etc.)

Those are the highlights.

No comments: